Students will be able to sign in using their CBE Student ID number and existing CBE network password. If they are new to the CBE, they can obtain their ID and initial password from the Librarian Mrs. Brown.
Computer & Networking Use Expectations
When working on computers OR other electronic devices connected to the network, students must use them in an appropriate fashion in order to accomplish a specific task set by the teachers.
- Students must report all computer problems immediately.
- Students must get permission from staff prior to using computers and prior to printing. Printing in excess of the yearly student quota may be subject to paying per copy costs.
- Students using the Internet must comply with CBE policy. A copy of the “Electronic Networkable Devices & Network User” form is sent home with your child at the start of the year. Failure to abide by AEC and CBE policies will result in a loss of privileges.
- Students must have permission from teachers to download from the Internet or to print documents.
- If students come to a site that is inappropriate they must exit immediately and report this to a teacher. Internet use on school or personal devices must only occur with teacher permission and should only be for educational purposes.
Students Must Not
- post personal information about other people, including family members, fellow students, teachers and friends
- trespass in other people’s folders, work or files
- access chat areas or social networking sites
- give passwords to other people or use other people’s passwords
- gain unauthorized access to resources and sites
- violate copyright laws
- waste limited resources including file space and printing supplies
- send or display offensive messages or pictures