A.E. Cross Policy 2022-23
Possession and use of a cell phone/earbuds must fall within these guidelines:
- Cell phones must be silent (not vibrate) upon entering the building unless directed by the teacher, and remain on silent throughout the remainder of the school day.
- Cell phones/earbuds will be kept in students’ lockers during class time unless teachers permit students to use their cell phones\ear buds for a specific learning purpose during their class (Kahoot and research).
- Students are required to place their cell phones/earbuds in their locker following class usage.
- Teachers have the authority to allow or ban cell phone/earbuds use during their respective class times.
- Cell phones/earbuds may be used appropriately during nutrition break and lunch period, and must be returned to students before classes resume.
- Cell phones/earbuds must not be brought into the washrooms or change rooms.
- Cell phone cameras and audio recorders may only be used for specific educational benefits and only with prior permission of the teacher or administrator.
Students who choose to bring cell phones/earbuds to school do so at their own risk. The school assumes No Liability for lost, stolen, or damaged cell phones.
Student use of cell phones/earbuds at A.E. Cross School is a privilege. Failure to adhere to established guidelines will result in the following corrective measures:
If a student has a cell phone or earbuds in the classroom without permission the student will be asked to place them in their hall locker. After the first incident in the classroom, the cell phone or earbuds will be sent directly to the office for the entire day. If the cell phone appears in the office on a 2nd occasion, parents will be notified and must come into the school to pick up the cell phone/earbuds. If a student has repeated cell phone/ear bub infractions they will not be allowed to bring a cell phone onto school property for a determined amount of time.
*If a student has a cell phone/earbuds in the hallways during class time for non-educational purposes the cell phone/earbuds will be sent directly to the office. If the cell phone/earbuds appear in the office on a 2nd occasion’s parents will be notified and must come into the school to pick up the cell phone. If a student has repeated cell phone/earbud infractions they will not be allowed to bring a cell phone onto school property for a determined amount of time.