Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to thank you all for being so responsive to the Covid-19 processes and policies of CBE and our school. As we completed our second week of school, we as a school community have been diligent in following the CBE guidelines, appreciating how difficult it is for many. However, the AHS guidelines are clear and we need to be following them. I would like to share two documents that may help you when your child may be symptomatic with either primary or secondary symptoms.
It is necessary that students be assessed by their parent or guardian using the self-screening questionnaire https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/edc-covid-19-screening-questionaire-english.pdf daily before school every morning (provided in the school package and attached to this message). Students showing symptoms as described on the self-screening questionnaire must remain home and must contact AHS by calling 811.
As it states in the Student illness document, your child should get tested if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
If they have any of these symptoms they are legally required to isolate for at least 10 days from the start of the symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer.
- Cough (new or worsening chronic cough)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing (new or worsening)
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
If your child has any of these other symptoms, stay home and minimize your contact with others until the symptoms resolve:
- Painful swallowing
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell, fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite)
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
For your reference:
Here is your weekly update for upcoming week:
- Monday, Sept. 14
- Tuesday, Sept. 15
- “Gully Day" – This is our annual September event kicking off the year, involving many different fine art activities and focusing on our Inquiry focus of “Generosity" for the year. Artists will be situated outside our school and in the gully across from our school with individual class cohorts participating in song, dance, art, indigenous story telling and drumming. We will be following AHS and CBE guidelines for the day. As a result of these guidelines, we cannot include parent volunteers this year. We will take a lot of pictures and videos to share with you!
- Wednesday, Sept. 16
- Thursday, Sept. 17
- Parent/Teacher conferences in the evening 4:00 – 7:30
- Friday, Sept. 18 – No School for Students
- Parent/Teacher conferences 8:00 – 12:00
Have a wonderful weekend.