Thursday, December 3 - 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm Friday, December 4 – 8:30 – 12:30
Teachers are looking forward to sharing your child's progress over the fall term and to set learning goals for the next term. Parent conferences are our formal way to communicate student progress. This meeting informs parents about student learning in relation to the upcoming report card in January. This is an opportunity to share the learning that has taken place over the past few months focusing on students' strengths and next steps in learning. In addition, I have attached How is My Child Doing In School? - This document explains information on how your child's teacher assesses and reports on student progress.
Each conference time will be for 15 minutes only. The timing is very precise so teachers will need to leave your conversation in order to prepare and call the next family in a timely fashion. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
What do Parents Need to Do?
Starting on Thursday, November 25 Conference Booking Manager was open in your MyCBE/PowerSchool account to book a conference time. Once you have your account set up, you can then sign up/sign in for conferences. Conference booking will close on December 4 at noon. Please ensure that you enter your email address into the booking. Once you have booked a conference, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will contain a link that will allow you to access Microsoft Teams for this conference.
How to Join Microsoft Teams on the day of your Conference:
- (Please note: it is best to join your conference from a computer or other home device such as an iPad when connected to the internet using your home Wi-Fi.)
- Open your conference confirmation email.
- Scroll to the connection link and click on the link.
- If Microsoft Teams Application is installed on your device, you may select the option, 'Open Your Teams App', you can also join through the browser.
- Allow Teams to use your microphone and video.
- When you enter the conference, you will be admitted into the lobby. The teacher will invite you into the meeting once they are ready to meet with you.
- After you have finished your conference, you would click on 'leave the meeting'.
We are excited to bring this opportunity to you as a new method of conducting interviews virtually. While we do prefer to see you in person, we recognize this is necessary during our COVID health pandemic as we continue to focus on student learning.