Attendance Line: 403-777-8400
It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line.
Parents are asked to contact the school office at the number above if their child will be late or absent.
To ensure the safety of our students, we will call all the phone numbers provided for the parents/guardians and babysitter/nanny. If no one can be reached, we will leave a message on your voice mail. Please do not email the office to report absences. Email may not be checked until later in the day or the secretary may be absent.
The following procedures are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all students:
- Late students must check in with the office when he/she arrives at school late and get a late slip before going to class. This ensures the student will not be marked absent on the attendance record.
- For appointments or instances where a student needs to leave during school hours, parents are requested to let the teacher or office know via phone call or agenda note and collect the student in the office. Upon leaving the school the parent or other adult must record the early departure in the Student Sign-Out Book. If someone other than the parent or guardian is signing out the child, parents are asked to advise the office in advance.
- When a child is not well at school the parent or guardian will be contacted. The ill child must be picked up at the school. A child will not be sent home with anyone other than the parent or guardian unless the school is instructed to do so. Emergency contacts are only contacted in an absolute emergency when the school is unable to reach a parent or guardian. Please also ensure that the office has contact information for any other adults who may be signing students out from time to time.
Late & Absent Students
- Late students enter through the front doors, register at the office and take a Late Slip to the classroom. If late students arrive at the classroom without a Late Slip, they will be sent to the office to obtain one.
- Students are to be signed out at the office if they leave the school prior to regular dismissal times.
- Teachers are to follow up on students who are chronically late or absent.
If families choose to take children out of school for extended periods of time, parents are requested to read with their children and to encourage their children to keep a journal. Teachers are not expected or required to assemble homework packages for children to take with them. When the children return to school, it is the responsibility of the parents to ensure their children complete any missed work and assignments. Please be advised that missed classroom time may result in lower grades or incomplete assessments. Families are requested to notify both the office and their children’s classroom teachers of extended absences prior to their departure.