Summer is time to reflect and recharge. We hope all our families had the opportunity to have some fun together during this time. We are excited to welcome approximately 140 students on August 31, 2023 and are expecting 30+ students in our graduating class.
The last few years in schools have presented challenges, but our community is resilient, and has welcomed and adapted to those changes. This school year we are committed to consistency while continuing to build the strong foundations that make our school so special.
- Our strong base of staff is remaining the same with a few new teachers to support our increase in enrolment and The CLASS.
- Teaching staff will continue to mentor small groups of students so each student in our building is known.
- We have scheduled focused time in September to come together in our mentor groups and as a community to solidify our commitment to the principles of the Circle of Courage and Holistic Lifelong Learning Framework.
- We will remain committed to offering a welcoming, caring, safe and respectful learning environment where all students can thrive academically, socially and emotionally.
- Our Student Advisory Council will continue to offer student insight and voice to decisions and initiatives at Alternative HS. New this year, students will have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and contributions to our community through participation in the In The Lead program.
- Learning at Alternative High School is designed around relationships and individual student strengths. Student commitment to being in attendance, on time and to being fully engaged in their learning while giving their best each day is critical for their success.
Watch your inbox for a newsletter with detailed information about school startup. Watch the school website for up to date information. Our office will open on August 28. We are looking forward to a great year of learning together!
Proud Principal on behalf of the staff at Alternative High School