It is important that you call or email the school if your child is absent or arriving
late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line above or email from your parent account we have on file. Also ensure your child is aware of all after-school arrangements, play dates, pick‐ups and appointments, prior to the beginning of the school day. We will not interrupt classes to give students messages.
Student Attendance & Lateness
- Class attendance is mandatory. Students are expected to be on time for school and classes and to attend all classes.
- Attendance is taken each block throughout the day
- All late students, regardless of reason, must sign‐in at the office and get a late slip before returning to class.
- It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to contact the school each day their child is going to be absent or late for any reason (attendance line, 777‐7310, ext. 1 or email: email@example.com ). We ask that parents/guardians provide their child’s name, homeroom, the reason for absence and anticipated length of absence.
- Class attendance is mandatory.
- Student attendance and lates are monitored regularly. When a pattern of lateness/absences becomes apparent to teachers/administration, consequences will be put in place.
- Students who need to leave the building for a scheduled appointment or due to illness must check out through the office.
- Parental/guardian permission must be given by email (from parent account on file) or in person. This procedure is in place to ensure the safety of our students.
- No student is permitted to leave the school for the day without the consent of the office staff and communication with a parent/guardian.
- When students have medical or dental appointments, are seriously ill, or there is a family emergency, their absence will be noted as an excused absence or late provided we receive an email or phone call from a parent/guardian.
When to Send an Email or Call:
- To leave the school for any reason
- To excuse a lateness
- To inform Phys. Ed. Staff of an injury limiting participation
Extended Absences of Choice and Vacations
Students and their parents must complete the Student Extended Absence Form and submit it to the school administration at minimum of one week prior to the beginning of the absence. Forms can be obtained from homeroom teachers and the school office.
Please let the school know of any absence as soon as possible. Students leaving on absences for reasons other than illness or family emergencies will be marked unexcused. Teachers are not responsible for providing work for unexcused absences but can usually arrange for homework to be sent home physically or electronically given enough notice.
Students Leaving/Returning During School Hours
All late students, regardless of reason, must sign-in at the office and get a late slip prior to returning to class. See our Security page for full details.
Contact Information Updates
Please inform the office if you change your address or home/business/cell numbers. Updated information is extremely important in the case of emergencies.