- To conduct themselves in a safe, respectful and responsible manner in school, on the grounds and on the way to and from school and to resolve conflicts non-violently.
- To be organized, attend regularly, be punctual, complete assigned tasks, do homework, set goals, and look after their belongings, school property, and themselves. Students need to come prepared to work to the best of their ability, bringing necessary supplies and learning materials.
- To learn as much as possible, to ask questions, to be curious, and to strive to understand.
The discipline policy at Banting & Best School is based on the principle of respect.
Stated in its simplest form, it is:
- Respect yourself
- Respect each other
- Respect the things and places around you
- Respect the world (the environment)
Our student conduct expectations emphasize the development of social skills and responsible attitudes and actions. Students are instructed in appropriate conflict resolution strategies so when disagreements arise, students have appropriate ways to manage them. It is assumed, of course, that parents are always working with their children to ensure proper behaviour.
We stress that students are responsible for their actions and learning. Inappropriate behaviour is immediately dealt with, monitored and documented by teachers and administration. Parents are notified when aggressive behaviour occurs and in cases where inappropriate behaviour recurs.
We believe that the home and the school, learning and working together to establish consistent expectations will ensure a positive learning environment for Banting & Best School students.