It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Battalion Park School. We look forward to working collaboratively with you to create a school that welcomes everybody. We will work to challenge and support students to achieve academic success within a culture of safety and respect.
Student agency and intellectual engagement guide our work. We teach our students about how they are connected to their world and how they have the ability to make a difference in their world. Most importantly, our work is framed within a growth mindset where mistakes are learning opportunities, effort and accomplishment go hand-in-hand, and student achievement thrives.
Educating our young people is a job too big for any one of us. We encourage and welcome parents as partners to support the children of Battalion Park School. We strive to engage our students in learning that is rich with inquiry, life connections, multi-disciplinary experiences, struggle, perseverance, and success. We believe that parents play an important role helping us reach this objective.
Battalion Park School Highlights
- High academic standards and a strong commitment to school and community citizenship
- Physical education 4 times/6 days
- Music education 2 times/6 days
- Significant access to technology (laptops, iPads, Smartboards)
- Student Leadership Club
- Residencies provided each year in areas such as art, dance, drama, science, technology, and story telling
- Extracurricular activities, including: choir, intramurals, French, de-construction, dance, board games, art, etc.
- Learning celebrations to showcase student learning and talents
- Calgary Reads Program
- CBE lunchroom program
- Before and after school care program on campus
- Significant School Council (parent) support
- Physical Education, Music, French, English Language Learning Specialist, and Resource teachers