In September 2007, Battalion Park opened its new core school and became a two-building campus. Hence the theme “two buildings with one heart” grew as staff and students worked purposefully to stay connected to each other. Building a sense of community and pride in our school continues to be an important aspect of our school culture to this day.
Our school is characterized by:
- A thoughtful focus on the development of the whole child: intellectually, musically, creatively, physically, socially and emotionally.
- A good sized gym and physical education specialist providing students with a comprehensive physical education program.
- A large library with a wonderful collection of books providing rich resources for students and teachers.
- A designated music specialist teacher.
- A focus on academic and intellectual engagement.
- A focus on formative assessment to enhance learning.
- An outside compound area, numerous fields and creative playgrounds allowing for daily active living.
- A large “gathering space” accommodating the lunch program.
- School motto: Building Bright Minds
- School logo: Battalion Park Hawks
- School colors: Blue and White
Embedded within this school motto are the following important tenets:
- Academic Excellence
- Personal Development
About Battalion Park
A well-known landmark in Calgary's west end on the hill above the Westhills Shopping Centre are the white washed stones depicting the battalion numbers of the soldiers who trained in the area during World War I. The name Battalion Park School was chosen by the community to honor the soldiers and to commemorate the historical significance of this training area.