Good Afternoon Beddington Heights Families:
I hope this message finds you all doing well. Our first two days of the 2022-23 school year have seen us all settling into our routines, and we are excited to get started with the new school year! I have a few items to which I would like to draw your attention:
- Class Sizes and Support: Planning for any school year begins in the previous spring. Last spring, we had a projection of 395 students, and we staffed our building based on this projection. As of today, we sit at 386 students. We expect our numbers to fluctuate as we get settled into the school year, but I wanted to let you know where we sit as of today. Currently our class sizes are as follows:
- Kindergarten- Two classes (22 and 24 students)
- Grade 1 – 3 classes (16, 17 & 18 students)
- Grade 2 – 3 classes (19, 19 and 20 students)
- Grade 3/4 combined – 4 classes (22, 23, 24, and 25 students)
- Grade 5 – 3 classes (26, 28 and 28 students)
- Grade 6 – 2 classes (27 and 28 students)
- Teacher on Leave: Currently, Mr. Fisher is on leave. Filling in for Mr. Fisher will be Ms. Scharlach as part of the grade 3/4 team.
- Away for the Day Cell Phone Policy: Beddington Heights School has an away for the day cell phone policy. If students choose to bring their cell phones to school, the expectation will be for them to remain in their back packs on silent or turned off for the duration of the school day. Should you need to connect with your child during the school day, please contact the main office and we will ensure the message gets to your child. It is always our recommendation that students do not bring valuables like technology to school as we do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of students' personal devices.
- Admirable Use Policy: The school's Admirable Use Policy related to technology will be coming home with students on Tuesday. Please sign and return this form as students need to have a signed form before they are able to access the school's technology (Chromebooks, iPads etc.).
- Current Staff List for 22-23: Please see below for a full staff list for the 2022-23 School Year. You can find photos of our grade teams and administration on the school's Instagram page.
|Grade 1||James Beechey, Richelle Watson and Heather Young|
|Grade 2||Laurie Anderson, Aleasha Diduch and Saralyn Winston|
|Grade 3/4||Melinda Pokolinski, Lyndon Fisher (Mackenzie Scharlach), Mandi Pulvermacher, Lisa Craig|
|Grade 5||Wilma Schwarz/Sarah Sterne, Josh Berry and Catherine Vessey|
|Grade 6||Max Lancée and Matt Shackelton|
|Physical Education||Sarah Sterne|
|Resource/ ELL Support||Linda Trask|
|Admin Assistant||Corey Cumming|
|Library Assistant||Monique Mills|
|Education Assistants||Wendy Chow, Jacky Ibrahim, Gurjeet Kaur, Rose Mazereeuw, Olga Ruiz|
|Lead Lunchroom/ Office Assistant||Wanda Potter|
|Lunchroom Staff||April Boutin, Tracee Fraser, Stefanie Steele, Ping Wu|
|Behaviour Support Worker||Eun Jeoung Kim|
I wish each of you a great long weekend, and, if I can be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Principal, Beddington Heights School
Beddington Heights Social Media Account
Beddington Heights School is now on Instagram! We will be posting information related to school events along with showcasing some of the learning taking place throughout our building!
Please follow us:
September 5th Labour Day (No school for students)
September 16th Terry Fox Run
September 22nd Meet the Teacher
September 23rd Non-Instructional Day (No school for students)
September 26th -29th Truth and Reconciliation Week
Indigenous Dance Residency
September 29th Orange Shirt Day