A big welcome back to all our families, and a special welcome to all of you who are joining our school for the first time!
We have so much to look forward to this year, kicking off with an Open House between 9AM and 10AM on Wednesday August 31, 2022. Feel free to come over to the school so that your child can see their classroom and say hello to their teacher. Families will be contacted by their Homeroom teacher by end of day Tuesday August 30. Please ensure you have updated your email with the office if necessary.
A few important reminders include the following:
- Please ensure you have signed up for My CBE account so that you may complete necessary documentation, register for Lunchroom Supervision program and have access to PowerSchool etc. CBE are moving to digital documentation and paper forms will no longer be collected.
- Please ensure you share any medical issues your child may have such as allergies, epi-pens etc. with your child's teacher and the office.
- Please check our Belvedere Parkway School website regularly and review the Traffic page on our website to keep students safe.
- We will be sending home color calendars – please refer to our website for other information
- Our first School Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday September 20, 2022 at 6:30PM
- Our Spirit Wear Store is open from September 1st – October 1st 2022 – Please see website for details!
- Please do not forget to pack your child's backpack with lunch, indoor shoes, water bottle – we supply academic supplies e.g. notebooks, pencils etc.
- Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell. While we no longer have mandated protocols around Covid or any other illness, it is very important that we look out for one another. Please make sure your child is well enough to come to school.
We are excited to welcome several new staff to our school this year!
Rachel Makowski – Grade 5 and Learning Leader
Stacey Wu – Grade 6 and Learning Leader
April Brown – Grade 5 who will be in this position until Thomas (Stryder) Pressey joins us in October
I am personally glad to be back and excited about the coming educational year. We have been chosen as one of the few schools to implement the new curriculum in Math, English Language Arts and Physical Education/Well-being throughout K-6, and hope to provide valuable feedback throughout its implementation. We look forward to a wonderful year of learning and educational experiences for our BelPark community!
- Looking forward to seeing everyone Grades 1-6 back at school Thursday September 1st 8:00 – 8:10AM!
- Kindergarten's staggered entry times will be sent in a separate School Messenger along with details of the group your child is in and the teacher they are with.
There will be more updates to follow, via School Messenger and posted on the website!
Watch this space!