Bowcroft School Digital Citizenship Plan
1. Student safety is a priority. Some Bowcroft school strategies to keep students safe are:
- Students will be taught a “Digital” acronym. Posters with this acronym will be posted in the computer labs and by each computer in the classrooms. This acronym will serve as a reminder of safety online.
- Each student will participate in “Media Awareness Network” activities at the beginning of the year.
- Each classroom will come up with their own web safety plan at the beginning of each school year. The plan will be written in kid-friendly language. Teachers will also engage in conversations with their students about “Digital Citizenship.” These conversations will include specific discussion on the school Admirable Use Policy. There will be discussion on how student devices will be used for educational use at school.
2. Teachers will highlight applicable authoritative resources to students through class discussions. It is an expectation that teachers will integrate “digital citizenship” into their daily teaching practice and classrooms.
3. Teachers will participate in various professional development opportunities with regards to “Digital Citizenship.”
4. Students may bring their own device as subject to an agreement with each classroom teacher. Students must supply a lock for personal computers. Other devices will be locked in a secure location in the classroom when not in use.
5. Bowcroft school is not responsible for loss, theft or damage of students’ personal devices. Students bring their own personal devices at their own risk!
I have rights
Good manners and kind words
I am responsible
To respect people's work
Learn to read and right