Our goal is for every child to be self-disciplined, and who:
- Knows what is acceptable behaviour
- Accepts the consequences for his/her behaviour and attitude
- Can examine his/her behaviour and come up with acceptable alternatives
We believe our students should show respect:
- For each other and for everyone with whom they come in contact
- For both public and private property
- For the rights, opinions and beliefs of others
Response to Poor Conduct
A child showing unacceptable behaviour will be dealt with initially by the staff member observing or closest to the behaviour. Consequences for such behaviour may include the loss of privileges within the classroom or school, a brief "cooling-off" time in a more removed setting, and/or a phone call home.
Inappropriate use of technology is also considered an unacceptable behaviour and our expectations and consequences for misuse have been laid out in the contract sent home and signed at the beginning of the school year.
Unacceptable behaviour at recess or lunch time may lead to the loss of recess(es) for a specified period. Continued unacceptable behaviour may be dealt with by a member of the administrative team. Similar, but more extended consequences may be used.
Parents may also be required to meet with a member of the administrative team to achieve a resolution of the problem. Communication with parents about these incidents will be through a phone call home.