Dear Parents and Guardians of Catherine Nichols Gunn School,
To start, thank you so much for all your support this week with Scenario 3 (At Home Learning). We definitely prefer to see your children in person, but I know everyone has had a good week of learning at home. As you know, the government has made the decision that students will return to in person learning on Monday, January 11th. Please find attached here an updated version of our School Re-Entry Plan that was originally sent out at the beginninig of the school year. I encourage you to have a read. All previous measures will continue to be in effect, and it's a good idea to have a reminder.
Some important information includes:
- Every morning please complete the health checklist with your child. We ask that students and staff do not come to school if they have symptoms or are sick. Please communicate with the school all absences and we can discuss the processes with you.
- Masks are mandatory while at school. Please see the mask guidelines listed in the re-entry plan.
- To limit congestion at the beginning and end of day, we do have staggered entry and exit times. Please make note of your child's entry/exit time, and the door in which they enter. It is listed in the entry plan, and has not changed from December.
- We ask that students arrive just before their entry time, and that once they arrive they line up, wearing a mask, and are 1 metre apart.
- Each homeroom is considered it's own Cohort. Cohorts learn together, and do not mix with other cohorts for the learning day, including recess and lunch.
- Playground Structures: To ensure that cohorts do not mix while at school, the playground structures on the north and south side fo the school are closed before school, and after school until 3:30pm. The playground structures are part of the rotation of outside spaces during the day.
- Hand hygiene is very important. Hand sanitizer stations are in every room, and at every entrance. Sinks with hand soap are in every room, except for the learning commons. We ask that all staff and students clean their hands when entering the building, when leaving any area, and when returning to the classroom.
- When possible, and if weather permits, Physed will occur outside, so students should be prepared for this.
- Touchpoints in the school are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day, and processes are in place to ensure learning materials within classrooms are cleaned.
Return to School After International Travel
If you have travelled outside the country during the holdiay, we have been asked to remind you of these policies.
Students and families who have travelled outside of Canada are legally required to follow all provincial and federal travel restrictions upon arrival.
If your family is participating in the International Border Testing Pilot Program, your child may not return to school until they have tested negative on a second test 6 or 7 days after your arrival.
If you are not enrolled in the pilot program, your child must:
This means nyour child is unable to return to school for a minimum of 14 days after your return.
We look forward to seeing everyone on January 11th, and would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Safe, Healthy, and Happy New Year.
Colin McCracken, Principal