At Cecil Swanson School, we continue to work together to provide a safe and caring learning environment. Staff, students and parents all play an important role in this endeavour. The safety of our students is our first priority and we all share responsibility for ensuring children are safe when being dropped off or picked up from school.
Please be reminded that under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, all visitors to Cecil Swanson School, including parents and volunteers, must sign in at the main office.
When you drop your children off in the morning or if you pick them up after school, we ask you not to follow them into their classrooms. We ask you to leave them at their designated outside door. All staff have been asked to direct you to the main office.
The following measures are in place to make sure students are safe at school:
- Students are not to arrive at school before 8:00 AM or 12:33 PM. There is no supervision in place before these times.
- There is no playground supervision after school. All students are to go home or to their babysitters right after school.
- During school hours, only the front doors are accessible and all visitors are required to check in at the office. All other school doors will be locked.
- Students arriving late must sign in at the office and get a late slip before going to class.
- If you are taking your child out of school during the day, you will need to sign your child out at the office.
- Parents must inform the school if someone other than themselves is picking up their child.
- Students may not eat their lunch on the playground. If your child is not registered in the lunchroom program, they must go home.
- Parents or siblings may meet students after school either in the front foyer or outside. No one will be allowed to meet students at their classrooms.
- Should you, on a rare occasion, need to drop off lunch, homework, a knapsack, etc. please leave it at the
main office with your child’s name labeled on it and we will be delighted to have it
delivered to your child.
We take the safety of your children very seriously. In order to maintain a safe environment, we need your cooperation in following the procedures listed below.
- All visitors must sign in at the office.
- When picking up and dropping off your children, we ask that you wait outside at their designated door. Do not proceed to a classroom and do not wander the school hallways.
- If for some reason you can’t pick up your child at his/her door, you will be asked to wait inside the front doors or in the office.
- If your child does not know that you are picking them up we will call down to their classroom so that they can
meet you by the office.
- The end of the day is a very busy time for staff. Our focus is on the students at this time and in order to keep them safe we can’t have adults or older siblings wandering the hallways. We will be asking you to go to the office if you are in the hallway by your child’s class. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.