As we settle into a new norm, we want to encourage you to refer to the CBE website for a variety of resources available to you and your family. Your well-being - physical, mental, emotional or practical is still very important to us here at Chaparral.
We would like to add the following two websites which deal specifically with food needs
Registrations for the school year 2020-2021 are continuing. The process is slightly different and the informaiton is given below.
Registration Process During a Health Emergency for Canadian Citizens New to CBE.
note | students new to CBE who are not Canadian citizens, contact the Admissions and Assessment Office at Kingsland Centre 403-777-7373 ext. 1 for instructions.
1. The parent / legal guardian / independent student completes the Student Registration Form – Dependent Student or Student Registration Form – Independent Student prints, signs (resident/non-resident and declaration) then saves it as a PDF.
note | for parents / legal guardians / independent students without access to a printer, in the email please type:
one of these statements: “I declare that I am of the Roman Catholic faith” or “I declare that I am not of the Roman Catholic faith”
this statement; “I hereby represent that I have the legal authority to register the person named on the attached registration form. I declare the information that I have provided on this form is complete and accurate. I will immediately notify the school of any changes to the information on this form.”
2. The parent / legal guardian / independent student scans a copy or takes a photo of the student proof of age and legal name document. For a list of accepted proof of age and legal name documents see the last page of the registration form. Do not send a copy of a proof of address.
3. The parent / legal guardian / independent student emails the school and attaches the registration form and the proof of age and legal name document.
To find the email address of the school:
a. find the school in the School Directory (https://cbe.ab.ca/schools/school-directory/Pages/default.aspx);
b. click on the school name; and
c. copy the email address.
4. The school will conditionally register the student providing the address is within the school’s designated boundaries and the student is age appropriate for the school
5. Once the health emergency is over, the school will contact the parent/legal guardian via email and ask that they bring the following documents to the school for verificaiton purposes during school office hours.
- proof of address
- original proof of age and legal name document which the school will ocmpare with emailed document
Volunteer Week - We would like to say a huge thanks to our wonderful volunteers for all the support which you give to our students and staff. Thank you for the wonderful contribution which you make to our Chaparral community.
While we may have to be physically apart, please be aware that we are still maintaining a presence in the office and you are invited to call or email should you have any questions.
Chris Buhler, Principal