Hello Chris Akkerman Families,
Welcome to another exciting year of learning at Chris Akkerman School. We are so excited to welcome our new and returning students. We are busy planning for the school year and finalizing class lists and teacher assignments. Students will find out who their homeroom teacher is on the first day of school. Please remember that these assignments are subject to change as we need to balance classes and welcome new students from our waiting list during the first week of school.
School hours remain the same:
Monday - Thursday: 7:50 am - 2:35 pm
Friday: 7:50 am - 11:35 am
First Day - Wednesday, September 1
- Buses will be running but you must be registered. If you have not yet registered, please do so on your MyCBEAccount
- Students arrive between 7:35-7:50
- Doors will have Grade signs on them
- Teaching staff will be outside to direct you to the correct doors
- At 7:50, students will be brought inside and separated into classes
- Dismissal at 2:35 at the same doors
Kindergarten is on a staggered entry from September 1-3 and have a different schedule.
We also commit to keeping your children safe at school as the pandemic continues and will continue to meet all covid protocols as last year. Masking is mandatory for all students and staff.
See you all on Wednesday!
Derek Siakaluk, Principal
Debbie Bauman, Assistant Principal