Dear parents, guardians and caregivers,
We did it! It's been a remarkable year, both in terms of the challenges we faced and the successes we achieved as a school community. We are so proud of our students and all they have learned this year, and so thankful for your support in setting them up for success.
End of School
Tuesday, June 29th, is the last day of school for students. Staff will be in the school on June 30th in case parents need to talk with anyone on the school team. On Tuesday, your child's medications, personal supplies and report card will come home with them in their backpack. Parents are also encouraged to pick up standing frames and walkers and take them home for the summer.
We are so grateful for the continuing support our small but mighty parent council. They have been instrumental in liaising with the school about important decisions that affect our school community. The parent society has been tireless in securing funding for things like iPads, Smartboards, bikes, communication books and other items that benefit all of our students. Any parents who are interested in joining our parent council next year are most welcome.
Thanks, too, for our partners in Pediatric HomeCare, the Society for the Treatment of Autism, and 4Seasons Transportation, for everything you do to ensure students are able to access learning; we couldn't do it without you.
Our School is Growing
In the 2021-22 school year, we are excited to welcome students in our remote learning program (RLP) back to in person learning, and we are delighted to be expanding to include an additional 13 students within our learning community. To support this expansion, we will be opening an additional classroom, reconfiguring some classes in our green wing, and hiring additional staff.
Farewells and Welcomes
Please join me in congratulating:
- Diane Ammerman on her retirement
- Shannon Chalupiak on her new position at Mckenzie Lake School
- Jennifer Elmore on her new position at Wildwood School
- Lindsay LeBlanc on her new position at Bishop Pinkham School
- Nelsy Ferrarosa and Savannah Lybbert and on their new adventures
Please join me in welcoming:
- New Education Assistants Elizabeth Okunlola and Somer Gotmy
- New Teachers Sarah Mumford, Melissa Plett, Karl Bengtsson and Rachelle Best
Our calendar has been approved. The first day of school will be Wednesday, September 1st.
To prepare for back to school, please:
- ensure you send your child to school with indoor shoes, a water bottle (if needed), a change of clothes, personal hygiene supplies and swim gear
- expect a phone call from Pediatric Home Care if your child has a Home Care contract
- expect a phone call from your child's bus team with information about the route, including pick up and drop off times
- check your child's agenda in the first few days for any missing paperwork that may require signatures
We wish all of our Christine Meikle families a restful and rejuvenating summer.
Looking forward to our continued work together this fall.