The math curriculum can be very challenging. To help ease the problems we have experienced instructors that teach the curriculum set by Alberta Education. There are a number of different topics covered, including number systems, fractions, decimals, algebra, polynomials, etc. Students and teachers work together to achieve the standards as outlined in the math curriculum.
During November and moving into December, students have been working on or will be moving onto the following concepts in Math class:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing polynomials
- Develop an understanding of scale factors to problem solve
- Multiplying and dividing fractions
- Multiplying and dividing integers
- Introduction to Pythagorean Theorem, squares and square roots
- Operations with decimals, fractions, and integers
As a school, we are working towards building students’ literacy and numeracy skills. Please follow this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FMUupUzTFqGwBQ9PPqq6Qk6R9nUsbFcC/view?usp=sharing to download an electronic Mathematics glossary for your child.