Hello CJFS Families!
We hope you all had a great “Back to School" week here at CJFS. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their participation and learning of our new safety protocols that have been implemented to keep our school safe.
Please note the following important information to review for our upcoming school year:
- COVID-19 DAILY CHECKIST: Please remember to use the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist and do not send your child(ren) to school if they are displaying any symptoms on this list. This list was sent home in the Student Forms packages that went home last week and via email on August 31. COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist
- STUDENT FORM PACKAGES: Our student forms packages went home last week. Please complete all colored forms and return to school with your child(ren) next week. It is important for us to have the most current information for your child(ren) and family on file at all times.
- STUDENT HEALTH FORMS: We have received a last minute change to our “Student Health Forms".
- Please dispose/recycle the yellow copy of the form (dated April 2014)
- Please complete and return the purple form (dated August 2020)
- SCHOOL INQUIRIES: During this unusual school start-up, we encourage any inquiries be sent via email at email@example.com. We need to minimize the number of people coming into the school to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
- IN PERSON VISITS: If you must visit the school office in person, please call to make an appointment. Upon arrival for your appointment, ensure you utilize the hand sanitizer stations in the front foyer and wear a mask.
- EARLY PICK UP: If you need to pick up your child early from school, please call ahead to our school office so we can have your child ready for pick up. We will have you come into our front foyer, sanitize and wear a mask in order to sign your child(ren) out for the day.
- VOLUNTEERS: We cannot have volunteers in the building for the 2020-2021 school year due to minimizing the number of people in the building. If the volunteer protocol is reviewed and/or changed throughout the year, we will let families know.
- LUNCHES and STUDENT ITEM DROP OFF: Due to COVID protocols, we are unable to accept student items that are being dropped off at the school office including lunches, water bottles, masks, glasses, etc. Please ensure your child(ren) brings all items they will need for the day when they leave home. The school will accommodate child(ren) with anything we are able to such as emergency lunch and snacks as well as disposable cups for water for that day. You can notify us in advance by calling the school office if you have a situation your child(ren) requires assistance with.
- LUNCH ROOM REGISTRATION: Please register your child(ren) on-line as soon as possible if your student is staying for lunch at school. Fees cannot be paid until October 1, 2020. https://cbe.ab.ca/support/Pages/MyCBE-PowerSchool.aspx
- FEES: You will be notified of school fees by October 1, 2020. The are payable on-line through your MyCBE/PowerSchool Account. No fees will be available to pay until October 1, 2020. We are unable to accept cash or cheque.
- MYCBE/POWER SCHOOL ACCOUNT: If you have not already set up your MyCBE/PowerSchool account, you can do so at the following link:
- ATTENDANCE LINE: Please call the attendance line at 403-777-6710, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if your student will be away from school. Alberta Health Services has asked that we track why students are absent. Please be specific as to why your child is absent.
- WEBSITE: Please visit our website for all of the most current information and calendar updates at https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/ColonelJFredScott
If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please contact our school office at 403-777-6710.
Scott Robinson (Principal)