It has been a very interesting start to our 2020 – 2021 school year. We have worked hard as a community to keep each other safe by washing and sanitizing our hands often, wearing our masks, staying home when we're sick, isolating when we are a close contact and maintaining physical distance when possible. Thank you to everyone for doing their part. The pandemic has also allowed us to get outside more often. Students spend time each day learning outside through gym, community walks, journaling, sit spots observing and reading on the lawn. Thank you to all for a great fall of learning. We are looking forward to a new year full of adventure and new opportunities.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Our community has been an incredible support this fall and I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the great work that has happened to support Connaught School:
· Our Rotarian partners have provided lunch kits, water bottles, tablet and diapers to support those in need. We have begun an online reading program, where students read to a Rotarian using Microsoft Teams. We look forward to expanding this after the break.
· Grace Church – They worked closely with I Can 4 Kids to provide food support to many families last spring, all through the summer and into the fall. They also provide cloth masks, diapers and gift cards.
· I Can for Kids – Food supports
· Staples – Downtown branch – Back packs and school supplies
· Calgary Full Gospel Church – Back to school supply kits, Winter coats, boots, mitts and hats
· Conoco Phillips – Funding to provide families with access to online reading through Raz-Kids
· Education Matters – Grants supporting purchase of school supplies for at home learning, grocery gift cards and the Bob Bannerman grant to purchase library books.
· West Springs School – Our ongoing partnership with West Springs school helps connect many of our families with household items and clothing as well as grocery gift cards.
· Earl Gray School – Provided 250 pairs of waterproof mitts and gloves
· The Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth – Svitlana is our in-school settlement worker supporting our families to connect to community agencies.
· Decidedly Jazz Dance (DJD) – provided online dance instruction videos for use in our physical education program after the break
· Scientists in Schools – provided science kits and online workshops for every class
· Constable Gary Burrows from the Calgary Police – Start Smart, Stay Safe (S4) program
· Connaught School Council – Have honoured our staff with thoughtful notes of appreciation and coffee gift cards. Thank you!
- Thursday, December 17, our school nurse, Mandy, will be in the building catching up on some vaccinations. You will be notified if this impacts your child.
- Thursday, December 17th is our last day of classes at Connaught. It is a full day.
- No school on Friday for in-person or Hub
- We will see you online starting January 4th. Teachers will be emailing the google meet schedule to parents. Please note they will be taking attendance twice a day.
- January 8 (noon) is the last day for HUB families to declare they would like to move to in-person learning for the second half of the year. Please use your Power School account to express this.
Have a safe and happy holiday season,
The Staff at Connaught School