School Calendar & Timetable
View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates. See the CBE website for system calendars. On select Tuesdays, there will be a modified timetable to accommodate the homeroom block.
Communication with parents, students and community members is always welcome. For a complete list of our staff and contact information please see our website, additionally we have created a support list for parents with helpful tips for who to contact. For general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
Follow Us on Social Media
Parent and student members of our community are encouraged to follow us because #CHHScowboysrock
School Instagram: @CrescentCowboys
Athletics Instagram: @chhsathlectics
First Days of Classes
The first week of school (August 31 - September 8, 2023) will run on a modified schedule.
|Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023||Main Office will answer phone calls|
|Monday, Aug 28, 29 & 30, 2023||Lifetouch
student ID photos Auxiliary Gym 9 am – 3
|Thursday, Aug 31, 2023||All Students 8:55 am to 3:34 pm|
Timetables and PowerSchool Access
Student schedules will be available through their PowerSchool account in early August. Communication will be sent to all families once they have been released. Please note that schedules may change until the first day of classes as counsellors balance classes and add new sections. Student Services will contact students impacted by these changes.
|Monday - Thursday||Friday||Homeroom Days |
|Period 1 8:55 - 10:25 |
Period 2 10:28 - 11:58
Lunch 11:58 - 12:31
Period 3 12:31 - 2:01
Period 4 2:04 - 3:34
|Period 1 8:55 - 9:51|
Period 2 9:53 - 10:49
Period 3 10:51 - 11:47
Period 4 11:49 - 12:45
|Period 2 8:55 - 10:18|
Homeroom 10:20 - 10:49
Period 1 10:51 - 12:14
Lunch 12:14 - 12:46
Period 4 12:46 - 2:09
Period 2:11 - 3:34
Student Photos Aug. 28, 29 and 30, 2023
We will be taking student photos and developing student identification cards before the school year begins. Students are asked to come to the school and go to the auxiliary gym (also known as the blue gym) on:
- Monday, Aug. 28, 2023
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023
- Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023
Lifetouch photographers will be available for all three days from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. We are asking all students to mark these days in their calendars and to make this a priority in order to decrease interruptions to our school’s start-up the following week. Please check our school website and social media feeds for any changes.
We strongly encourage touring CHHS when you come in for your School ID and photos at the end of August; maps will be available at the school. While classes may change, it is a great way to get to know the building and see where different areas are located. Students will also do this in their homeroom when classes begin.
Due to limited amount of lockers, we are requesting students to share lockers if possible, it is important to note that locker partners do not need to be in the same grade. Please come to the business office with your locker partner, as you will be required to complete the form together. Locker distribution will take place on August 28, 29 & 30 through the business office following the schedule below:
August 28, 2023
All day - Any students sharing a locker
12:30 - 3:00 Grade 12 Students only
August 29, 2023 – Grade 10 Students
9:00 to 11:30 - Students with last names ending in A – M
12:30 to 3:00 - Students with last names ending in N – Z
August 30, 2023 – Grade 11 Students
9:00 to 11:30 - Students with last names ending in A – M
12:30 to 3:00 - Students with last names ending in N – Z
If you choose not to sign up for a locker following the above schedule you will not be able to pick up a lock until after September 15, 2023.
Please bring your own basic school supplies, such as pens, pencils, and binders with paper. Your teachers will let you know if additional supplies are required.
September 21, 2023 6:30 p.m. – 8:05 p.m.
We want to welcome you and your student join us for the High School Orientation evening that will be held on Thursday, September 21 at 6:30 pm. The purpose of this evening is to provide you with information about the programs, services and opportunities that Crescent Heights High School provides to students. All staff will be in attendance.
Agenda will be as follows:
6:30 p.m. – 6:50 p.m. – Main Gym - Principal Welcome
6:55 p.m. – 7:05 p.m. – Period 1
7:10 p.m. – 7:20 p.m. – Homeroom
7:25 p.m. – 7:35 p.m. – Period 2
7:40 p.m. – 7:50 p.m. – Period 3
7:55 p.m. – 8:05 p.m. – Period 4
Students and their legal guardians are responsible for the students’ attendance. If your student is going to be absent, a legal guardian is required to call the school office (403-276-5521, press 1) explaining the reason for the absence. Please provide the spelling of the student’s full name. Students under the age of 18 may not call in to excuse their own absences. Students eighteen years of age are reminded that regular attendance in all classes remains an expectation.
Our student information system, MyCBE provides parents, guardians and students with access to detailed attendance information. For help creating an account or signing in, please visit Technical Support for Students & Parents.
Attendance records are available in Grades and Attendance or Attendance History. Common attendance codes are:
- P- Present
- AP- Absent Parent Called
- A - Absent
- L - Late
- LP - Late Parent Called
- IL - Illness
- LVE - Leave Early
- MA - Appointment
Students who must leave the school and are missing classes are required to:
- Go to the office to sign out.
- Students may contact a parent/legal guardian in the office (if under age 18). Please be aware that office phones are only for this purpose.
- If a parent/legal guardian cannot be reached, a note should be brought to show teachers and a phone call to the Absence Line is required to excuse the absence. Only one note is required for all teachers to initial and pass on to the main office for recording and filing.
Students leaving without signing out will be considered truant for the time missed.
Absences extending beyond five days, can have an impact on students well being and academic success. Schools are not mandated to provide schoolwork for the extended absence nor are they required to provide support for missed instructional time when my child returns to school.
If your student will be missing five or more days they will be required to submit an extended absence form to the main office.
Course Change Requests
Changes are dependent upon space and resources and therefore there is no guarantee that these requests will be honoured.
To request a schedule change, students must complete a Google Form after signing into their CBE Google account. This form can only be submitted one time. The course change form will not be active until August 9, 2023. Once you have submitted your request you will not be able to change, or submit it again. CHHS Course Change 2023/24 Please do not email your counsellor as they will contact you as needed.
Change requests will be reviewed in the following priority order:
- You completed a summer course
- You need a change of academic pathway (i.e. Math 30-1 to 30-2)
- You are unbalanced (only one core in one semester and 2 or 3 in the other)
- You would like to adjust your science courses (switch from Chem to Biology 20 etc.)
- You would like to request a new option or course – not listed above.
- You are dropping a course and not requesting a new course to be added (Grade 11/12 students only. Grade 11s may have one half or full spare and Grade 12s may have one each semester.)
There are important points and guidelines that you must be aware of:
- Changes will not be made based on switching to a specific teacher (or switching out of a specific teacher's class).
- Teaching assignments often change, the teacher listed on your timetable may not be the teacher when the class begins in September.
- All schedules are subject to change.
- Courses cannot be moved to different periods because of other commitments. Students are expected to be available for classes during the times they are scheduled and for all periods of the 4 period school day.
- Please use this online form for “dropping” courses- Students in grade 12 are required to have a minimum of three courses per semester taken at Crescent Heights HS. Students in grade 11 may be eligible for one half or full spare during the year. Grade 10s are not eligible for spares.
- If your counsellor needs to see you in person to discuss timetable concerns, a course named "See Counsellor" will be added to your schedule. Only those students will be called out of classes during the first 3 days of school to see their counsellor. We will not have line-ups outside of Guidance this year. All other requests will be through this online form.
- While you can make all your requests here, please know that counsellors will focus on semester one requests/getting the fall ready for you. Students will be able to make appointments to see their counsellor for semester two changes in late October.
Grade 10 Course Changes
Grade 10 students were placed in courses based on their middle schools’ recommendations and the students’ requests for options. Timetables have been created based on the requests from the students’ middle schools. They may use the online form to request option class changes and counsellors will do their best to see if this is possible or place students on a waitlist. Please check your schedule often as we work through our waitlist daily until the end of the first week of classes. Students must stay in classes they transferred for if this is not their designated high school. There are detailed instructions on the CBE Website to guide families with the set up process of your MyCBE account. PowerSchool accounts will be active as of August 31, 2023.
Registration Information CBe-Learn
For fulltime Crescent Heights Students who are interested in taking one online course with CBe-learn complete the following form: https://bit.ly/CBeLearnS1ClassRequest.
Students need to be signed in to Google using their CBE credentials (educbe email address). Please ensure they log out of their personal Gmail/Google Drive account before completing the form.
Students can only complete this form once so please think carefully about what course and back-up course they are requesting. Students must have more courses with CHHS this semester than they are requesting with CBe-learn.
Crescent Heights Guidance Counsellors will enter the student’s Google form information in the order it was received, in the priority order outlined by the CBE (below), and will email students to confirm their course registration. There are very limited spots with CBe-learn for individual courses for full time students with other high schools.
CBE-LEARN REGISTRATION PRIORITY ORDER:
1. Graduating students who will be short one course for their high school diploma/certificate
2. Students who require the course to be able to finish high school in three years with a HS diploma, recognizing the importance of taking 30 level courses before the end of grade 12 and taking pre-requisite 20 level courses prior to the end of the grade 11 year (ex. ELA 20-2 so they can take ELA 30-2 in their grade 12 year)
3. Students who need to retake a failed course that is required for graduation
4. Students who can’t fit all three sciences into their timetable (student may also be taking IB, French etc.)
5. Students who want to upgrade a mark.
To view courses offered by CBe-Learn please visit: CBe-learn course offering information
Crescent Heights Athletics & Extra-Curricular Activities
Please note that dates and plans for Athletics are subject to change. To stay up to date, please check our website and/or social media for updates.
Crescent Heights Football
Grade 10 students – Are you interested in playing football at Crescent Heights? Whether you are new to the sport or play within the community, we want you! Everyone is welcome to join. The first day of Fall Camp is Friday, August 25th, there will be a team meeting at 2:00 pm in the main gym. Please access the school through the student parking lot doors. All you need to bring is athletic gear (t-shirt/shorts) and a pair of cleats. All football-specific equipment will be provided to you. Come out and give it a try! Please complete the CHHS Football A of R and return it to your coaches.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Sayer or Mr. Wade.
Please visit our Athletics page for more information.
Involvement in extra-curricular activities enriches students' sense of belonging to the high school community. During the first month of school there will be club information sessions held in the Student Centre. We encourage students to follow our Crescent Heights Instagram @CrescentCowboys for ongoing updates on how to get involved in school culture.
Student Parking Pass
Parking is very limited at Crescent Heights High School and as such, students wanting to park on the school property are required to make application.
To be considered eligible for a parking pass, students making application must:
- hold a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License as of September 30, 2023 and
- have paid their school fees through the Business Office or online by the September 30 application deadline.
Please note that due to the limited parking stalls available, priority will be given to students enrolled in Grade 12. Limited parking requires all students to have arranged alternate transportation to and from school in the event they do not receive a parking pass.
Please see our Student Parking page for more information.