We want to welcome all our families to the 2019-2020 school year. Although very busy, we have had a great start to the school year and we have survived the first week. All students, including kindergarten, are now settled into their classes and beginning to thrive. We look forward to an exciting year of learning and growing together.
This year we will be communicating with families each week through weekly messenger emails. We will NO longer be publishing a monthly newsletter. We feel weekly communication allows for more up to date information. We will also be updating our website calendar on a regular basis. Please refer to the website frequently to keep informed about DDS activities and important dates. It will be updated weekly. If you would still like a paper copy of the calendar we invite you to create this, using the tool on the DDS website that says “calendar print out”.
• Welcome Back Family Picnic – Please join us from 5:30-7:00 on Thursday September 12, 2019. You are welcome to bring your own picnic food or order from the food trucks that will be on site.
• Picture Day is coming on Friday, September 13th, 2019. After picture day, order your pictures on mylifetouch.ca using your Portrait ID and Access Code which can be found on your Picture Day order form.
• Parking – please note that the DDS “Kiss and Ride” drop of area will go into effect on Monday September 9th. The “Kiss and Ride” area is located directly in front of the school, and will be well marked with signs. We ask that you do not park in this area when the signs are out (8:30am-9:15am). This area is designed for parents to pull in and let their kids out on curb. Please do not exit your vehicle. Students need to be able to get out of their vehicle and independently
• Healthy Hunger – we will continue to offer special lunch days for students in grades 1-4. All ordering will be done through www.healthyhunger.ca. We are working to finalize our vendors and dates. We will send additional information once we have finalized the details.
• “Admazing” Coupon Books – we once again have a limited number of coupon books for sale for $25.00. See Karin in the office if you are interested.
• Embrace Dental Care is offering free dental exams/check ups for grade one students from September 1- October 31. They are located at #12, 20 Douglas Woods Dr. SE 403-723-2273.
Edie and Shawna