We hope this message finds you well and excited for the upcoming school year! As the summer break comes to an end, we are thrilled to welcome back our amazing students, families and staff to another year of learning, growth, and fun.
We have been busy preparing for an engaging and enriching year ahead, and we can't wait to see the smiling faces of our students fill the halls once again. Our dedicated staff have been working tirelessly to create a safe and nurturing environment where your child can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
Here's a glimpse of what is in store for the new school year:
- Community: Our staff are committed to creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for your child. From the first day of school, we will focus on building strong relationships and fostering a sense of belonging.
- Learning: We are excited to implement research-based activities to make learning engaging and effective. Your child will have opportunities to explore, discover, and develop a lifelong love for learning.
- Parent Involvement: We believe in the power of collaboration between parents and educators. Throughout the year, we will provide opportunities for you to be actively involved in your child's education journey.
- Extracurricular Activities: Lunch hour activities and clubs will allow your child to explore their interests and talents beyond the classroom, promoting holistic development.
- Open Communication: Clear and open communication between school and home is essential. We will keep you informed about important events, school updates, and your child's progress throughout the year. Families will receive a weekly email from your child’s classroom teacher. Administration will also share a DDS Weekly Update’.
Families can access up to date information about back-to-school on our website. Our school office will open on August 28 at 8:00 am. Teachers will send a welcome email to families on August 29, which will include the first day of school information.
Our 2023-24 rockstar DDS staff lineup includes:
Please mark your calendars for September 21, 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm, where you will have the chance to meet your child's teachers, tour the school and classrooms, and visit our new playground.
- Kindergarten – Kitty Chan, Kathleen Garneau, and Anna Vilaysane
- Grade One – Laura Bielefeld and Katie Haggard
- Grade Two – Lindsay Otterson, Kim Christensen, Alison Stewart, and Tegan Post
- Grade Three – Regan Krieger, Michelle Blais, Jill Shaw
- Grade Four – Kendra Audette, Sarah Kesler, and Maree Koehler
- Grade Five – Courtney Field and Naomi Nagai
- Music – Bruce Anderson
- Library – Adele Perry
- Educational Assistants – Karen Duquette, Hope Mack and Danielle Self
- Office – Heather McKay, Monique Koleyak, Sue Naylor, Debbie Bigden
- Lunchroom – Denise Imach, Sherrie Martin, Christina Melanson, Cherie Rathwall
- Facility Operator / Evening Cleaner – Mr. Mike / Ms. Susana
We are truly excited to welcome your family back to the DDS community. Your support, involvement, and partnership make all the difference in creating a positive and thriving educational experience for your child.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Here's to a fantastic school year filled with growth, laughter, and memorable moments!
August 28 DDS office opens
August 29 Teacher welcome emails sent via School Messenger to Families
August 29 Central Fee Waiver Application Opens
August 31 First day of school
August 31 / September 1 Kindergarten Staggered Entry
September 4 Labour Day – School closed
September 21 Open House 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
September 22 Professional Learning Day – no school for students
September 29 National Day of Truth and Reconciliation – School closed