The safety and security of our students is a primary concern. The picking up and dropping off of children is often creating a dangerous situation in front of the school. PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE CONVENIENCE OVER SAFETY.
- Abide by traffic signs
- No U Turns in front of the building
- Keep neighbourhood driveways clear- neighbours should be able to access their FULL driveway
- Keep bus loop entry/exit clear and leave room for turning arc
- Keep Handicapped parking areas clear for those with a visible pass
- Unload your child from the curbside NOT the streetside
Many continuing thanks to Morgan, our morning “Kiss and Ride” parent, who has been helping direct students in the morning. Playground supervision begins at 8:50 AM and parents can drop off children at this time. Please DO NOT drop off student in the bus loop when the “Kiss and Ride” signs are out. Thank you to Calgary Police Service for their support and visibility.
We do not have enough parking spaces in the parking lot for parents / volunteers. Some of our staff are on a part-time basis and come at different times of the day. If you are coming into the school, park on the street while making sure not to block our neighbours' driveways.
- Do do not park in the bus loop. If it is arrival or dismissal time a bus will be coming.
- Making U-Turns in front of the school endangers children. Find another way to safely get to your destination.
- The parking lot and driveway to the parking lot are off limits to students. Do not pick or drop off your child up in this area.
- Modeling safe street crossing for your child is an important way for them to learn safety.