Martinis & Masterpieces 2020 - REBOOTED for May 5, 2021
Every two years our Parent Society funds an artist-in-residence and the finished student paintings are auctioned off to families.
This event scheduled for the Spring of 2020 was cancelled due to COVID and will now be held on May 5, 2021.
This year has been rebranded as Margaritas & Masterpieces and will be a virtual celebration and auction on Cinco de Mayo.
See the Martinis Rebrand 2021 brochure to the right for more details and view the promotional video here.
Bottle Thrive Bottle Drive
- Help support families in need at our sister school, James Short Memorial, which is located in the community of Penbrook Meadows, through our Parent Society's ongoing bottle drive.
- Bottle donations are collected from your door throughout the school year and the dollars raised will be distributed to families by way of Superstore giftcards.
- You can schedule your bottle pick-ups by using the Skip-The-Depot app and connecting to our Elbow Park Parent Society in the list of donors. Click on the Skip-the-Depot instructions on the right margin.
Mountain of Warmth Clothing Drive
Every fall, we collect clothing donations from our Learning Community as donations for our sister school, James Short Memorial.
Campaign highlights (Oct - Nov 2020):
- Accepting winter clothing and footwear of ALL SIZES (adults and children)
- Gently used items to be laundered and in good repair
- Brand new, packaged underwear and socks
- Pre-sort and label donations
We are collecting all sizes of clothing and footwear for children and adults, including outerwear as well as warm shirts, pants, socks and underwear. Please ensure that gently used items are laundered and in good repair (e.g. buttons attached, zippers working).
New underwear and socks are especially in high demand, so please consider donating new unopened packages.
To help us collect and distribute items in the safest possible way this year, we kindly ask:
- Tie or pin paired items together e.g. mittens, boots
- Pre-sort items according to size and gender into grocery or garbage bags
- Label each donation bag (e.g. "7 year old girl" or "Adult male size L”)
The school will be collecting until November 13, 2020.
Clothing can be delivered to the office, either by your children or an adult at our front door. Please call the office for assistance upon arrival. Thank you so much in advance for helping our friends at James Short stay warm and toasty this winter