It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-777-6930 ext. 1. Learn more on our Attendance page.
Please refer to these points regarding the use of the school telephone.
- Grant MacEwan School has voice mail with voice prompts.
- The school phones are considered business phones and are primarily used for conducting school business.
- Students may use the phone only in case of emergency or to inform parents that they must remain in school to complete work. They are not allowed to make after school plans on the school phones. This should be done in advance of coming to school.
Please note: For safety reasons, children will not be given messages, as we cannot identify the caller. Neither will we interrupt classrooms to put through calls. Telephone calls to classrooms during instructional times are very disruptive to the teacher and to all student learning. If you will be picking your child up other than at the end of the morning or afternoon please write a note in their agenda.
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
New Bell Schedule for 2022-2023
Our bell times are:
Kindergarten to Grade 6
8:55 - Enter School
9:00 AM - 12:18 PM - Morning Classes
12:18 – 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 PM – 3:40 PM - Afternoon Classes
Fridays are 9:00 AM – 12:50 PM for all students
Kindergarten is alternating FULL days. We will have a Monday and Wednesday group and a Tuesday and Thursday group with select Fridays for Kindergarten (please see calendar for Friday schedule).
Our school profile includes a dynamic map with our designation area and walk zone.