The Calgary Board of Education is committed to providing students and staff with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. With this in mind, the CBE is creating a system-wide Student Code of Conduct (Administrative Regulation 6005) with input from students, parents and CBE employees. All CBE students are expected to abide by the new system regulation, which will be posted to our Administrative Regulation page.
Student Learning Expectations
At Haysboro we believe:
An Attitude of Respect is Everything!
Students have the responsibility to apply their best efforts to their schoolwork and to respect the rights of the other students to do the same. Students have a responsibility to treat fellow students and staff with respect; and all staff treat students with respect. We stress the three R’s.
- Take pride in your self
- Be punctual and ready to learn
- Encourage positive behavior in yourself and others
- Always do your best
- Dress appropriately
- Use quiet voices with appropriate and courteous language
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Listen to instructions and follow directions
- Respect the personal space and privacy of others
- Be kind
Respect This Place:
- Take pride in our school and keep it clean
- Use school equipment appropriately
- Wear your indoor shoes in the school