Class of 2022 Merch!
Crewnecks and hoodies are now available for order via our online store. Visit this link and place your order TODAY! Link: https://www.spiritwearcanada.ca/hww/shop/home
GRADUATION CLOSING CEREMONIES
Friday, May 27
The culmination of twelve years of education is a special time in the life of students, parents and staff.
It is with great enthusiasm we share that with the updated provincial Stage 2 health protocols, in person Graduation celebrations are permitted to move ahead.
*These events are contingent upon any health measures that may be in place at the time.
We are pleased to announce that we will honour our Graduating Class of 2022 with an in person Graduation Ceremony and Graduation Banquet on Friday, May 27.
GRADUATION CLOSING CEREMONIES – FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2022 – 9:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
The ceremony will be held at the Grey Eagle Event Centre.
GRADUATION BANQUET – FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2022 – 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
The banquet will be held at the Grey Eagle Event Centre.
- Cost is $95 per person (all school fees must be paid in order to purchase tickets)
- Ticket sales - because of unknown numbers, we will be selling tickets in rounds. Round 2 will commence according to availability in seats after round 1, and will be held in a lottery format. Round three will operate in the same format as round two.
- Round 1: April 11-12, Each Grad can order up to three tickets in the first round- the grad must purchase a ticket for themselves and up to 2 guests.
- Any grads that requested more than 3 tickets will be granted those extra tickets. (Round 2 & 3 is unnecessary since no lottery was required.) These ticket orders will be entered into PowerSchool the week of April 20, and must be payed by April 24.
- Please refer to the document attached to the 2022 Grad Banquet Ticket Sales Newsletter for more info on ticket sales and how to fill out the ticket form.
- PLEASE keep your forms for ticket pickup in May. Tickets will be distributed mid May.
- Please see Ms.McKay in room 304 (AM) or 218B (PM) by April 25 if you would like to order more tickets (First come, first served)
Please recognize the safety of graduates, their families and staff will be a priority with planned celebrations.
GRAD REHEARSAL WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2022 - PERIOD 4 - 2:15 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Rehearsal will be held in the King Gym to review procedures and rehearse the entrance and exit process at Grey Eagle Event Centre
- All Grade 12 students must attend the rehearsal
- Grad gowns, stoles and caps will be distributed at the end of the rehearsal
Pay graduation ceremony fees online through PowerSchool or in person at the Business Office - $62
This fee includes:
- Keepsake grad gown/stole/cap/tassel
- Program, certificate, room rental
- Attendance for graduand and family (no tickets required)
Graduation Committee Application
DUE to Ms. Jones (room 206) by Friday, Oct. 29, 2021 at 2:00pm
Program Cover Contest
Contest Rules & Application
DUE to Ms. Jones (room 206) by Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022 at 9:00am
Congratulations to Jael A. as this year’s winner.
The Graduating Class Valedictorian(s) are selected by a panel of judges (teachers, students and Administration) that are reflective of the audience at the Graduation Ceremonies.
There is a meeting for all interested applicants on February 23, 2022 at lunch in room 102.
- DUE: March 2, 2022. Late entries will not be considered
- Auditions will occur after school on Wednesday, March 9, 2022 in room 102.
Applications for banquet speakers will be available in the main office and outside Room 206 on Monday, March 7. The following positions will be available for audition
- Masters of Ceremonies
- Class Historian
- Toast to the Teachers
- Giving Thanks
Applications are DUE by Wednesday March 30, 2022 to Ms. Jones via email to email@example.com
Auditions will occur week of April 4-8, 2022 at lunch in Room 206.
To be eligible to take part in the graduation ceremonies and the banquet and dance, grade 12 students must be registered in a program of courses that will enable them to complete the minimum requirements for an Alberta High School Diploma by the end of June 2022. Students who do not have the possibility of completing these courses, or who leave school during the year without completing the requirements, will not be eligible to participate in the graduation activities.
The Graduation List
A graduation list will be posted outside the Guidance Office in March 2022. Students are asked to check for errors or omissions and report them to their Guidance Counsellor. Students should not assume they meet the requirements to participate in the graduation activities simply because they are registered in grade 12. The completed list will be the basis for the ticket distribution, program information and the grad composite.
To be eligible for participation in the Graduation Ceremonies, Grade 12 students must:
- Be registered in a program of courses that will enable them to obtain a minimum of 100 credits by the end of June 2022 and/or complete their program of studies. Eligible students will meet the Alberta Education Diploma requirements by June 2022 or demonstrate that they have an immediate plan for attainment of their Diploma. Students in ELL, ACCESS, and PLP are expected to have completed their 3-year program and/or have a teacher recommendation.
- Be a positive, contributing member of the Henry Wise Wood student body. Disciplinary issues or negative conduct may disqualify students from participating in the Closing Ceremonies and/or Graduation Banquet.
- Have paid all school fees and returned all outstanding textbooks and library books.
- Attend the graduation rehearsal held the Friday prior to the Graduation Ceremony.
- Confirm their name is on the grad list posted outside the main office during the month of March 2022.
Grade 12 students, who are not enrolled in classes second semester due to early completion, personal issues or extenuating circumstances, must:
- Get special permission from the principal to attend the ceremony. These students must also attend the rehearsal.
- Keep in contact with the Main Office or their Guidance Counsellor to be informed of dates and times for rehearsals and ceremonies.
- Participation in the ceremonies is not an indication that the student will actually receive the Alberta Diploma. Official Diplomas are issued by Alberta Education upon completion of the Alberta requirements for a High School Diploma.
Organizer Contact Information:
Please be advised details about the Graduation Ceremony and Banquet will be released as they become available. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to finalize details at this time. Your understanding is needed, valued and appreciated.
Please direct preliminary questions to Mr. Barile (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should the traditional elements of graduation proceed feel free to contact:
Jennifer Jones (Jrjones@cbe.ab.ca) or
Cheryl Belliveau (Clbelliveau@cbe.ab.ca)