The supervision of students outside of school hours is the responsibility of parents or guardians. The school provides playground supervision 15 minutes prior to morning and afternoon entrance times and at noon. Unless students are taking part in a school-supervised activity at dismissal, they are asked to go home and check-in with a parent before returning to the school playground. See school bell times.
For the safety of our children, please be courteous and consider the following when dropping off or picking up children from school.
- Avoid double parking.
- Watch for signs indicating "No Stopping" and "No Parking" zones.
- Leave 5 metres between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Parking too close to stop signs, yield signs or intersections makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of 5 metres is required.
- Blocking entrances to garages or driveways angers neighbours. Stay back at least 1.5 meters.
Hug & Go Zone
We asking parents to utilize the hug and go areas on Saddlelakle Way between 7:45 and 8:00 am. Alternatively, you may park along Saddlebrook Drive past the crosswalk to drop your child off (please note that you may not park in the bus zone). Students can then proceed directly to the playground to play or to their designated door to go into class for soft start. If you pull up to the hug and go zone and it is full, proceed down the street and do a loop around the block and try again to avoid the very dangerous practice of double parking.