Thank you, Janet Johnstone community for a successful first 4 months of our school year. Since September 1, students and staff have approached each day with a positive attitude and have continued to show that we are better together at JJ. Even with the new challenges and protocols, we have found silver linings, including:
- the benefit of daily phys ed outside
- music and movement in the gym with Mrs. Paul
- continued school-wide focus on empathy and respect
- an emphasis on enhancing all students' oral proficiency
- a whole-school inquiry question that looks at indigenous perspectives and makes connections to our lives: What can we learn from the land?
- a school-wide food drive
Our staff would like to thank our School Council members and all parents who have supported fundraising initiatives so far this year. A big thank you for the gift cards and thoughtful cards that were given to all staff.
Looking forward, all students will be spending the first week of January learning online at home.
- All learning activities will be accessed through your child's Google Classroom, using their CBE email address. Please email your child's teacher if you need help logging in.
- Teachers have been working on their schedules for the week, keeping in mind that families may have to share technology. Attendance will be taken twice a day, at the beginning of a literacy and math lesson. These meetings are mandatory and are marked on the schedule (posted in the Google Classroom).
- You will also find other learning activities in the Google Classroom for other subjects and a suggested schedule you can follow with your child.
- Please visit Mrs. Paul's Google Classroom during your child's grade's assigned time for live music lessons and for phys ed activities.
We wish all of our Janet Johnstone families a very happy holidays and we look forward to seeing you online on January 4 and back at school on January 11, 2021!