School zones are busy places, especially before and after school. Our specialty buses, drivers and pedestrians are all in the same area at once. Please help us ensure that everyone is safe by:
- Crossing at marked crosswalks, NOT in the middle of the street.
- Making eye contact with drivers to be sure that they see you BEFORE you start to cross the street.
- Parking legally around the school – Do NOT park in crosswalks or non-parking zones in the community.
- Walking to and from school whenever possible to reduce parking congestion.
- Following all rules of the road when driving – speeding, distracted driving, making u-turns in school zones, ignoring posted signs, parking illegally and failing to stop for pedestrians put our kids at risk.
Keeler School is very proud to be working with Calgary Police Service , Constable Ron and Alberta Motor Association (AMA) through a Safety Patrol program that is set up before and after school with students trained. We're counting on students/parents to use the patrol crosswalk and obey patrollers.
- Children play outside until the bell rings. They should not be dropped off before teacher supervision times unless they are coming for breakfast.
- Breakfast will be available 8:00 a.m.- 8:30 AM. Children who need breakfast should enter through the front doors and go directly into the lunchroom.
- When the bell rings children enter the school through their assigned doors.
- To keep our building secure only the front door of the school will be unlocked from 8:00 until 8:30. Parents if you are coming into the school please come through the office doors and sign in.
- Children entering through the front doors after the bell rings will be marked late.
- Please wait outside your child’s designated door.
- If the weather is very cold or wet, we welcome parents inside the front doors while they wait.
- With the hallways clear and quiet children will stay focused until they are dismissed