Building a Safe and Secure Environment School Program
Killarney School has been involved in various safe and caring initiatives that help educators reduce bullying behaviors, increase caring behaviors, and create a climate of safety and respect within the school. We strive to have a peaceful community where an ethic of care is promoted, as is the Montessori way.
We believe that children learn to be responsible for their actions through modeling and support from significant adults and by making responsible choices.
Students are encouraged to develop responsibility and self-control by:
- emphasizing the positive
- reinforcing appropriate behavior
- encouraging students to make appropriate choices
- accepting responsibility and consequences for their behavior.
The 3 Pillars of Care are:
- Care for Yourself
- Care for Others
- Care for This Place
Students Have a Responsibility to:
- be kind and courteous to classmates, volunteers and all school staff.
- be diligent in their studies.
- be respectful of their own, school and other’s property.
- attend school regularly and arrive in class punctually.
Consistency and on-going communication between parent/guardian and school is crucial.