Hello Lake Bonavista School Families,
We are looking forward to welcoming your family to the 2020-21 school year!
As you know from the CBE and AHS messaging over the summer, we are doing everything possible to prepare for a safe and healthy return to school.
Our School Calendar with school hours is available here: LBS 2020 – 2021.
Our school-specific re-entry plan can be found on our Back to School page under 'Resources' on the right side bar. Here
Staggered Start to School Year
We are beginning our school year by limiting the number of students entering the school over the first three days of September. The purpose of this plan is:
- To ease the transition of students into school,
- To spend time with smaller groups familiarizing them with our health measures,
- To facilitate physical distancing while teaching the protocols of our health measures.
Due to bussing, staggered entry days are a full day of school.
If you have not heard from a teacher by Friday August 28 please contact LakeBonavista@cbe.ab.ca and we will send you a room number to meet at on your staggered entry day.
Staggered Entry Schedule
Kindergarten families received an email in June with staggered entry details. Please have your child attend at the times given on either September 1, 2 or 3. If you need to find out your time, please email LakeBonavista@cbe.ab.ca
Tuesday September 1
- Students with last names A to G in Grades 1 to 6 attend
- CBE Transportation begins
Wednesday September 2
- Students with last names H to N in Grades 1 to 6 attend
Thursday September 3
- Students with last names O to Z in Grades 1 to 6 attend
Friday September 4
- All students attend: AM Kinder and Grades 1 to 6
- Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm
Staggered Entry Drop Off and Pick Up - Grade 1 to 6
All students will meet a teacher on the south field of our school when they arrive. Staff and signage will help students find their teacher and classmates, according to the room number provided.
- Parents dropping off children for school are asked to stay at the edge of our school yard and to maintain physical distancing.
- Please agree on a safe pick up location for after school, prior to drop off.
- Students are asked to independently join their class line on the south field when they arrive.
- Everyone is asked to maintain physical distancing while on or near the school property.
- Non-staff adults are to remain outside our school building.
- Students arriving by bus will be met by a staff member and directed to their meeting place.
It has been many days since we have been together and some of our families are brand new to our school so it will take time for each of us to learn and practice all of the new protocols and processes. Please know that we will take care of each other and continue our focus on Montessori Grace and Gratitude.
Lake Bonavista School community is generous and thoughtful. We appreciate all the ways you are working together with us and we look forward to our return to the vibrant and exciting world of face-to-face school.
Principal, Lake Bonavista School
Calgary Board of Education