On September 1st and 2nd you should have received communication from the Calgary Board of Education related to completing online forms through SchoolEngage on your MyCBE account. In addition to these forms, there are some additional school-based start of the year forms that support a collaborative, safe and welcoming environment for our students, staff and parents. Below are links to these documents some of which we ask to be returned by no later than September 16th, 2022, some of which are for your review, and some which may require action on your part from home in order to receive certain messages and updates. Please print, complete and return all forms to your child's homeroom teacher.
Admirable Use Policy Admirable-Use-Policy-Marion Carson 2022-2023.pdf
- This form is required to be signed and returned by Parents/Guardians and by each student.
- Please return no later than September 16th, 2022.
Student Health Plan Student-Health-Plan Marion Carson 2022-2023.pdf
- Please complete if applicable if your child has:
- a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school; and/or
- medication that is to be taken at school; and/or
- a Student Health Plan that was in place for the 2021-2022 school year or if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration during the current school year.
- If it is required that you complete a Student Health Plan, we strongly encourage you to return these forms IMMEDIATELY.
- Please note: all medication is kept in the office for student safety. Please contact the office should your child require the medication on their person. No medication is to be kept in backpacks.
Annual Volunteer Registration Form Annual-Volunteer-Registration-Form Marion Carson School 2022-2023.pdf
- Please return and complete if applicable.
- We are always in need of volunteers and would love to have your support.
- To volunteer, you also are required to have completed a police security clearance (please contact the school office if you would like to get this process started or are unsure if you have already completed this process).
Noon Supervision and Transportation Registration
- Registration for both Noon Supervision and Transportation is completed online through your MyCBE Account.
- Please register for Noon Supervision if you have not already done so and if your child stays at school during lunch. We also offer a $5 drop-in supervision fee for lunchroom for students who typically go home for lunch (see agenda insert for more information).
- Please register for transportation if your child is eligible and you plan on having them take the bus.
- Instructions are available on the CBE website Support Page Services Registration (only those students who are registered for Noon Supervision and/or Transportation are eligible to attend Noon Supervision and/or Transportation services as applicable).
Subscribe to School Messenger to Stay Informed School Messenger Subscribe to Stay Informed 2022-2023.pdf
- Due to Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), you need to subscribe online if you want to receive email or text messages on “commercial" school topics such as picture days, student fees, field trip costs, fun lunches and more.
- If you do not subscribe, you will not receive these messages, but you will receive emails on non-commercial topics such as absence and emergency notifications.
- We recommend you subscribe to both emails and texts
- To subscribe:
- Emails: www.cbe.ab.ca/subscribe
- Texts: text the word YES to the six-digit number 978338 (your cell number must be on file with the school)
School Council Meetings
One of the most important ways parents/guardians and community members can make a meaningful difference for students is by participating on the school council. The School Council Executives and School Administration encourage you to consider attending the School Council / Parent Society Meetings. Our first meeting will occur online through Microsoft TEAMS on September 21st, 2022 at 7pm (please see link below). The School Council executive will be deciding on the format for future meetings (online or in-person) and will share this information in the future. All Parents / Guardians are invited to attend these meetings. Please visit the School Council portion of our website for more information. To attend the September meeting, please click on the September meeting date linked below. Below you will also find the dates for all meetings scheduled for this year.
- September 21, 2022: online @ 7pm
- October 19, 2022 @ 7pm
- November 16, 2022 @ 7pm
- January 25, 2023 @ 7pm
- February 22, 2023 @ 7pm
- March 15, 2023 @ 7pm
- April 19, 2023 @ 7pm
- May 17, 2023 (AGM) @ 7pm
Follow us on Twitter
- Walking Distance Field Trips Walking Distance Field Trips 2022-2023.pdf
- Families who require financial assistance can apply through their MyCBE/PowerSchool account. Waiver information is available on the CBE website or contact the school office.
- Our Marion Carson School website is an excellent source of information. Please check it regularly for news and upcoming events.
Thank you for your cooperation in completing these forms, returning them to your child's homeroom teacher in a timely manner, and for considering the optional actions. We are happy to assist you via telephone or email. You can reach the office at 403-777-6050 Ext 0 or MarionCarson@cbe.ab.ca. for classroom questions or concerns.
Mr. D. Turner
Principal, Marion Carson School