*If you would like to have a translated version of this message, please click on the Google Translate tab at the top.
In This Message…
· Grade 4 and 6 Farewell Celebrations
· Library Learning Commons Final Book Return
· Arriving late in September?
· Outstanding/ Unpaid Fees
· A Year End Message from School Council / Parent Association
1. Grade 4 and 6 Farewell Celebrations
Grade 4 Parents and Guardians of Grade 4 students in the Mandarin Bilingual Program are invited to attend the Grade 4 Farewell Celebration this Thursday, June 29th starting at 1:30pm (doors open at 1:20pm).
Grade 6: Parents and Guardians of Grade 6 students in the Community English Program are invited to attend the Grade 6 Farewell Celebration this Thursday, June 29th starting at 10:30am (doors open at 10:20am).
2. Library Learning Commons Final Book Return
We would like to thank all families for returning their library books to the school. Any books not returned will be charged to your MyCBE account. If you received a message that you have an outstanding book and believe this is in error, please contact the school before the end of the day Monday, June 26.
3. Arriving late in September?
Our first day back at school for the 2023-24 school year is August 31, 2023. If your child is coming late in September due to extenuating circumstances and will not be present on the first day of school, please email the school office at MarionCarson@cbe.ab.ca with your child's full name, the reason for the absence, and the date of return.
4. Outstanding/ Unpaid Fees
With 1 week of school left for students we continue to have a unpaid fees from field trips and events from this school year. As a final reminder, please log onto your MyCBE account and ensure that you have paid all fees for this school year. We appreciate your prompt attention to this over the coming days as we work to finalize our year end.
5. A Year End Message from School Council / Parent Association
The incoming School Council and Parent Association Executive for the 2023/2024 school year are planning some fun events for the fall already!
- The Scholastic Book Fair: is scheduled for the Sept 21 and 22 and will be set up in the library learning commons. The book fair is organized by the school council and run by parent volunteers in shifts. Watch for the signup genius coming to an inbox near you in September!
- Fun Lunches: Next, the school needs to fill the Fun Lunch Coordinator position. This volunteer position responsibilities include coordinating lunches with several different vendors throughout the year (simplified through Healthy Hunger), booking lunches 1-2 times a month and setting up the signup genius for volunteers. You will be the hero once or twice a month when parents remember they don't have to pack a lunch for the next day!
- Social Media: Marion Carson Parent Association now has social media! You'll be able to find out about special events, fundraisers, contests, and the latest news. You can check us out and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at: Marion Carson Elementary Parent Association. Please note that this is not run, organized, or monitored by Marion Carson School staff.
We look forward to seeing you all in September at the school, at council meetings, and at events at the school. We welcome all input on our Special Events, Fundraising, and Fun Lunch. If you have any ideas you want to try during the year, feel free to come to a monthly meeting and let us know about it!
You can reach us by email at email@example.com
Facebook: Marion Carson Elementary Parent Association Instagram: (@mce_parentassociation) • Instagram photos and videos
Have a great summer,
MC School Council and Parent Association
Mr. D. Turner
Principal, Marion Carson School