Hug and Go Zone
The Hug & Go zone is on the east end of the school on Prestwick Villas SE.
- Drive east on Prestwick Circle (this is the road that the front of the school faces)
- Do not turn left at the school on Prestwick Villas- this will interrupt the traffic pattern.
- Instead continue east on Prestwick Circle and turn left on Prestwick Mount
- Turn left again on Prestwick Villas- you will now be driving WEST toward the school
- Follow the road left to access the Hug & Go zone by pulling up on the right side.
- A staff member will be present to ensure that there is no parking or stopping for long periods of time. Students can exit out of the vehicle (preferably on the passenger side). Students can enter the school grounds and proceed to their entry doors.
Please DO NOT turn left at the school on Preswick Villas. Turning there will disrupt the flow of traffic. Please do not make u-turns in the cul-de-sac as you will have to cross the path of vehicles turning onto the street. It is also important that vehicles do not block the driveway of the apartments building as residents need to drive in and out of their complex.
Parking Lot is a No-Go Zone
The safety of our children is of prime importance and we therefore ask all parents to observe the following rules. The parking lot is for staff cars only and NOT for student drop-offs. If you are going to drop off or pick up a student please do so from the East side of the school or the 5 minute drop-off zone in the front east side. It is unsafe and illegal to make a U-turn in front of the school or in a school zone.
No School Patrols
There are no patrols at our school. Authorities have advised against young children at the Grade 4 level patrolling intersections.
Walk a Block Instead
The congestion before and after school can be both dangerous and frustrating. Concerned parents and staff have worked hard to solve the problem and ask that everyone walk a block to school. All drivers, except for buses, please park and let students out at least one block from the edge of the school grounds. The result is healthier kids and a safer environment for all.