Good Morning Nickle Parents and Guardians,
These are our last announcements of the 2021-22 school year, and this is the last day of classes. The school will be closed for the summer on June 30 and our office will reopen on August 29 at 8:00 am.
Community Supports over the summer: If you need support with meeting your family's basic needs over the summer, please contact 211, a free and confidential community helpline made possible by the United Way of Calgary and Area. 211 is available 24/7 by phone, text, or online chat – you can dial 211, text “INFO" to 211, or visit, ab.211.ca to connect with someone who can help
I am completely grateful for the support of parents and the whole school community to make this school year a great year as we returned to some sense of normalcy after two years of the pandemic. At this time of the year, we also need to say farewell to students and teachers who are moving from our school community. Our Grade 9 students will be moving on to high school. We thank all of our Grade 9 students for their leadership, service, and the example they set for all of our Wildcats! We wish all of you the very best. In addition, with the opening of the new middle school in Auburn Bay all of our students from Auburn Bay and Seton will be moving on. We will miss all of our students and wish you best of luck next year. A special thank you to our School Council and Parent Association for all your support this year.
We also have a number of staff members who are moving on from Nickle due to the opening of the new middle school..
- Mrs. Cindy Thomson-Alberta Education Secondment for K-9 Social Studies Curriculum Consultant
- Mrs. Emily Schroderus- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mrs. Shelly Burnham- Strathcona Tweedsmuir
- Mrs. Amber Donahue- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mrs. Jamie Reid- Nelson Mandela High School
- Mrs. Amy Comfort- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mrs. Erin Richards- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mrs. Liana Harvey- RT Alderman
- Mrs. Sherry Park- Lord Beaverbrook
- Mrs. Candace McGovern- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mr. Scott McEwen- McKenzie Lake Elementary
- Mrs. Tammy Parent- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mrs. Patricia Matkowski- Lake Shore Middle School
- Mr. Craig Mansell- West Ridge School
- Mrs. Jennifer Hutchinson-Griffin Woods
- Mrs. Andrea Romic-Contract Ended
I hope you will join me in wishing them all the best as they move forward and take all they have learned at Nickle and work to support other students who will need them as well! Thanks so much to each teacher and for their service, generosity and hard work in the name of supporting Nickle and student learning, and we will miss you!
2021-22 has been a fantastic year at Nickle and I am proud of the accomplishments and growth that Nickle students have made!
Students returning to Nickle will receive a phone call of Introduction from their 2022-23 Homeroom Teachers on August 29, 2022. In the fall, all students will be returning to school on Thursday September 1, 2022. Also as a reminder we have a new bell schedule with the entry bell at 8:05 am and the class bell at 8:15 am. I will be sending out a school messenger about a week before the start of school with more details about school start-up, however you can visit the school website for more back to school details: https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/nickle/registration/register/back-to-school/pages/default.aspx.
On behalf of all of our Nickle staff, we take this opportunity to offer our best wishes to all our families for an enjoyable summer break
Principal, Nickle School