Hello O.S. Geiger Families,
This is a new learning environment for us all, and we will continue to support one another, even at a distance. While your teachers are your first point of contact, know that they have an incredible team behind them to support student learning and well-being.
The CBE website has a new Ongoing Learning section that will expand over time. We have also developed, and will continue to develop, supports for students and families, including:
•Technical Support and FAQs for Google Meet and Google Classroom
•Wellness Resources for Students and Families
While classes are cancelled, there are still dedicated staff at every school, and your teachers are committed to regularly connecting with their students and continuing student learning.
Thank you for all the support that you are giving our learners and their teachers.
· NO SCHOOL Friday, May 15 or Monday May 18. See you again next Tuesday.
· As always, if you have questions or concerns please call us at 403-777-6950.
· Here is an option to share your voice on returning to school in the fall. DUE TOMORROW
· Beginning this week, learning plans and weekly assignments will be available on Fridays (not Sunday). We are releasing the plans and assignments on Thursday, May 14, this week only because Friday there is no school. Teachers will work a PD day on Friday.
· Reminder: CBE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS & PARENTS NOW AVAILABLE (see below)
The CBE can now assist parents and students with technical issues that arise while continuing ongoing learning. Parents of kindergarten to Grade 9 students or students in Grades 10-12 can call or email requests for assistance with CBE supported technology.
Visit Technical Support for Students & Parents and choose the relevant G Suite or Brightspace tab for more information. This service is temporary during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hours of operation will be Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays).
Please have the following information accessible when you call:
· Student ID number
· Student Email address
· Student Password (we will not ask you for your password, but you must be able to enter it)
· Stay tuned next week for a surprise message from your teachers.
From all of us …
To all of you…
Stay safe and take care of each other.
WE MISS YOU