Our Patrick Airlie community is keeping busy with many learning tasks and celebrations. I continue to be impressed with the learning opportunities in our classrooms and always enjoy hearing from the students what they are learning. As the year whizzes by, it is hard to believe it is already March! I would like to take this opportunity to share some updates, important dates and reminders.
March 6-9: The One World Drumming Co. will be at Patrick Airlie for a drumming residency, in support of our music curriculum. All grades will be participating throughout the week.
March 8: School Council & Fundraising Society Meeting @ 6pm at the school. Childcare will be provided.
March 9 & 10: Parent Teacher Conferences. Kindergarten conference will be Thursday, from 9am-6pm and Friday, from 9am-12pm. Grade 1-5 conferences will be 4:30-8pm on Thursday and 8:30am-12pm on Friday. Please book online or phone the main office at 403-777-8220 ext: 0.
March 9 & 10: Kindergarten students do not have school Thursday or Friday, Grade 1-5 have no school on Friday.
March 17: Spirit Day – Dress in Green for St. Patrick’s Day
March 20: Alex Bus & AHS at Patrick Airlie for Oral Health Services & Supports (Kindergarten, Grade 1, 2 and 5)
March 24: Last Day of Classes prior to Spring Break
April 11: First Day of Classes following Spring Break
April 14: Spirit Day – Dress Like your Favourite Book Character
- While we have not charged any school-based fees, at Patrick Airlie this year, all K-6 students in the CBE are charged Noon Supervision Fees. The only exception is for students who are picked up by a parent/guardian and go home EVERY day. Parents, please note that you will see Noon Supervision fees charged to your MyCBE account in the coming weeks. Any questions can be directed to the main office.
- In the morning, outside supervision does not begin until 8:10am and doors do not open until 8:15am. We would ask that parents and guardians are not sending their students too early, teachers are not available before this time and we want to ensure they arrive when there is staff supervision at the entrances. Thank you for your support with this.
- A reminder to contact the school if you are running late for pickup. We dismiss at 3:13pm, Monday through Thursday and 12pm on Friday.
- If your phone number, email or address has changed, please contact the main office. It is very important that we have current information in case we need to get in touch. New information will require you to complete an updated demographics form but Ms. Bawar, in the front office, can support you with this process.
- A limited number of produce bags are available at the front of the school every Thursday afternoon, just before dismissal. These are available on a first come, first serve basis. This wonderful support is provided by First Alliance Church, and we would like to remind families that this support is for Patrick Airlie parents only. We are fortunate for this support, but it is for our school community only.
- If you have any concerns or questions, your student’s classroom teacher should be your first point of contact. You can reach out by email or phone. We ask that you give the classroom teachers 24 hours to respond as they are teaching most of the day. We work as a team at Patrick Airlie and if further supports are required, teachers will involve administration to achieve the best possible success for each student. We very much appreciate when families are involved and we can respectfully work together to support our students and their learning.
- Kindergarten registration is ongoing and we encourage anyone with children ready to start school in the 2023-2024 school year to please complete registration as soon as they can. Confirmed registrations are vital to help us plan for the upcoming year.
- As always, please reach out with your questions. Thank you for your continued support and teamwork.
Principal, Patrick Airlie School