Welcome back to Penbrooke Meadows!
The first day of school is on Tuesday, August 17, 2021. At this time, mandatory masking will remain in place for all staff and students. Students riding yellow buses will also need to wear masks. (LEAD program only) Parents, please send your child to school daily with a clean, sanitized mask.
In addition, students, staff and families can expect the following health measures to be in place when classes begin:
- Students and staff will still be expected to use the daily checklist to identify if they should attend or stay home
- Staying home when sick – students and staff who present with COVID-
- 19 symptoms are strongly recommended to stay at home until symptoms resolve
- Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas
- Enhanced ventilation in schools
- Classroom cohorts in kindergarten to Grade 6
- No visitors, volunteers or external partners in schools at the start of the school year
We would like to welcome three new teachers to our school community. Ms. Roberto in grade 2/3; Ms. McCowan in Kindergarten and Ms. Hooper in LEAD and Literacy learning.
Communication is a priority for us. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you want to book a telephone or virtual appointment to speak with administration and/or your child's teacher. Our goal is to provide the best learning experience for your child. As partners in education we can do this effectively with your involvement, your feedback and your voice.
We are all looking forward to a new school year, and are excited to welcome new families and students to our school community.
Karon Hayes, Principal
Kim MacLeod, Assistant Principal