Expectations for Students
The Calgary Board of Education is committed to providing students and staff with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. With this in mind, the CBE is creating a system-wide Student Code of Conduct (Administrative Regulation 6005) with input from students, parents and CBE employees. This new code of conduct will apply to all CBE schools, and beginning in the 2016/17 school year, individual schools will no longer have their own codes of conduct. All CBE students are expected to abide by the new system regulation.
The staff at Pineridge School believes that:
- Students will become responsible for owning and solving their own problems. Teachers will provide consistent expectations and offer support and guidance.
- Students will live with the consequences of their decisions and learn that, in their school, problems are an opportunity for personal growth
We strive for student behaviour that exhibits:
- responsible citizens
- collaborative team players
- critical/creative thinkers
Therefore, staff at Pineridge School have the following expectations for our students:
- be on time for school
- listen and communicate with others in a polite, respectful manner
- work collaboratively with others follow school safety rules
- take responsibility and ownership for behaviour
- make meaningful contributions to their learning
- respect the rights of others
- respect school property
Pineridge School Rules
- Respect yourself
- Respect each other
- Respect this place
For resources about bullying, please see our Parent Resources page.