Last modified on
What is Knights' block?
- Knights' block is a flex period where students can find assistance or enrichment outside of the regular class structure but still during part of the school day.
- Knights' block is a chance to seek more one on one help from teachers, to work with other students and to complete projects.
- Knights' block provides significant benefits to you and supports your learning.
How will it be used?
The flex time will:
- support your learning
- improve academic achievement
- promote student wellness
- allow you to be more active participants in your own learning
You will have access to:
- academic tutorials and support
- enrichment opportunities
- opportunities for project completion
- support with online courses
- opportunities to dive deeper and investigate other ways of earning credits (dual credit offerings)
What about teachers?
- Teachers will be available in specific classrooms so you can access what help or support you may need.
- Teachers will create a schedule so you can plan out your Knights' block activities.
How will I know where to go?
- Monday & Friday - Period 1 class, Tuesday - Period 2 class, Wednesday - Period 3 class, Thursday - Period 4 class.
- You will assess your learning needs and make a plan for the following week.
- You will be responsible to check PowerSchool and D2L to see what you need.
Do I have to attend Knights' block?
- Yes! This is a wonderful gift of time!
- You must have a plan for the Knights' blocks. You are expected to use this time to enhance your learning.
- Teachers may request students attend their Knight's block for extra academic support or if extra time is needed for a certain lab, writing assignment, test or project completion.
What does the schedule look like?
- Flex time will take place in the mornings each day.
- A schedule is available on our school website (view the bell schedule).