First Day | Office Opens | Students Start
- RTA Office Opens: Monday, August 28, 2023 | 9:00 - 3:30 PM
- RTA Teachers: Monday, August 28, 2023
- RTA Grades 5-9 Students: Thursday, August 31, 2023
2023-2024 School Start & End Times
- Monday - Thursday | 8:55 - 3:35 PM
- Friday | 8:55 - 12:35 PM
In Grades 5 & 6, CBE schools purchase basic school supplies, including paper, pencils, erasers, duo tangs, binders, glue etc.
In Grades 7-9, families purchase individual student school supplies. Students are encouraged to bring essential supplies (not the entire list) on the first day of school: paper, pencil crayons, pencils, and erasers. Once students have settled in the classroom, subject teachers will review specific grade requirements.
Grade 5-9 General Supply List
- a water bottle (no 'squirty' top lids)
- a pair of athletic shoes
- an agenda (optional)
- a geometry set
Grade 7-9 Supply Lists
- Water bottle (no 'squirty' top lids)
- Athletic shoes
- 2 Binders (no bigger than 2 inches)
- Dividers (set of 5)
- Loose leaf lined paper (2 packages)
- Graph paper (1 package)
- Pens (2 blue, 2 black and 2 red)
- Pencils (12 pencils minimum)
- Eraser (2)
- Pencil sharpener
- Coloured Pencils
- Felt markers (fine point)
- Geometry set
- Scientific calculator (preferably TI-30XA or similar brand with a fraction button)
- Duotangs (5)
- Report covers
- Sharpies (one regular tip and 2 fine liners)
- Spiral bound notebooks (2 at 80 pages)
- Glue sticks (2)
- Pencil Case
- Dry Eraser Markers (8)
View our School Calendar (in Resources). See the CBE website for system calendars.
Students are encouraged to bring a nutritious lunch to school, including a variety of snacks, should hunger strike. While there is a vending machine, it is only available during non-instructional times. Moreover, as we are a peanut aware school, we encourage students to be mindful of foods containing nuts.
Visit our How to Register page for all registration details. Please note that the registration process is completed online, but schools can assist with any questions.