Our expectation is that our students will become educated and responsible digital citizens.
At Sam Livingston School we will ensure the safety of all students by following the three principles of respect when working with educational technology. This will ensure that we are using digital information and technology resources in a responsible way:
1. Respect Yourself
- Keep your CBE account passwords and other personal information private.
- Tell your teacher or your parents if something on an electronic device makes you feel uncomfortable or is inappropriate.
- Caring for a personally owned device is the responsibility of the owner.
2. Respect Others
- Use appropriate language and communicate respectfully at all times.
- Respect the property and the creative work of others.
- Protect and respect the personal information of others.
- Use your time wisely when using technology during learning time.
3. Respect this Place
- Leave all school equipment so that it is ready to be used by others.
- In the school environment, use educational technology that supports learning and do so in consultation with your teacher.
- Report any problems with technology equipment as soon as you seen them
Violation of the CBE and Sam Livingston School Policy
If students do not follow this policy it may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Letter home
- Restriction or loss of computer privileges
- School-based disciplinary consequences; and/or
- Police intervention and/or legal action
We also expect students to demonstrate good e-citizenship when they are not at school. We ask students to be respectful to others in all activities, in or out of school, on-line and in person.