The fine and performing arts are for everyone, whether you choose to explore and develop a new interest or specialize in a current interest. Participation in the arts enhances your creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Fine and Performing Arts Includes
- Visual Arts: Art, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Professional Development in the Arts
- Drama: Throughout the semester, Drama students explore movement, voice, scene study and improv.
- Band: Instrumental Music explores instrumental genres such as film music, video game music, jazz, popular music and world music. Students also develop instrumental techniques on a specific instrument and have the opportunity to work with clinicians.
- Choral Music: Choral Music explores many genres including popular music, musical theatre, jazz, and world music. Students also gain an understanding of vocal techniques.
- General Music: General Music for Grades 4, 5, and 6 explores the many facets of music including hand bells, recorders, boomwhackers, djembes, ukeleles, rhythm sticks, singing, and an understanding of music theory.
Please join us at our Winter Concert on December 6th at 6pm in the main gym at Sherwood School.