Welcome back to the beginning of a new and exciting school year at SVS. I hope you and your families have had a restful and enjoyable summer break. You will soon be receiving a phone call from your students' new teacher starting on Tuesday August 28, 2022 to welcome you/student to their classroom.
Please help us to welcome our new staff members at SVS for the new 2022/2023 school year.
- Ms. Yee gr.4 Ms. Janzen gr.4
- Ms. Rath gr.3 Ms. Bensari gr.3
- Ms. Oberg gr.2 Ms. Bogowicz gr.2
- Ms. Belziuk K Ms. Pon gr. 6
- Ms. Pierce AP Ms. Wiskar gr.5
The office will be open as of Monday August 29, 2022 from 8:30 am to 3:50 pm if you require any assistance with registration, bussing or general inquiries. Please use the main street entrance and buzz the office for entry into the building.
The first few weeks of school are a key time to reinforce safety as the traffic flow is high with students being dropped and picked up from the school and the start and end of the day. Some quick reminders!
- Drop and go in front of school, drivers may not leave vehicles unattended to meet students at exit doors or be subject to ticket violations from Bylaw officers
- Students may not be dropped off in parking lot unless utilizing handicap reserved spots or arrangements have been made with administration.
- No pedestrian traffic in parking lot or circle ramps at entry and drop off. Please use the city sidewalk or field areas to access the grounds with your student
- If your student is bused and will not be riding it home please contact the main office and let Ms. High know prior to 3 pm.
- Please respect our neighbours' safety by not parking in the condo property driveway across the street from the school. Strong possibility that your licence number will be recorded and submitted to Bylaw officers for enforcement by property management.
If you have registered for bussing service and were categorized under conditional rider please remember that ridership will not be confirmed until towards the end of September. Students will need to be driven and picked up from the school for the first few weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our main office staff and they will connect you to school administration.
I look forward to connecting with you throughout the school year in support of your students learning and well being.