Please visit our COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information. Our plan is subject to change throughout the school year as more information becomes available.
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Noon Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Students in these grades require direct supervision during the lunch hour, regardless of the grade configuration of the school or the mode of transportation the students use to get to and from school each day.
Principals have the flexibility to make school-based decisions for their noon supervision programs.
You can expect the following for your noon supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire noon lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds, unless written permission has been provided to the school by a parent/guardian.
- A dedicated space for eating.
- Only students that have registered and paid the noon supervision fee can access the service:
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for noon supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Noon supervision fees are directed to providing lunchroom supervisors.
What noon service is not:
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair or an assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.
- Access to a microwave, hot water, dishes, utensils or other cooking facilities.
You can register and pay online with MyCBE / PowerSchool
Last modified on