First Day of Classes
- Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021
8:15 am doors open, pick up 3:16
- The designated drop off/pick up location is at the end of the cul-de-sac where there are parking stalls available. Please do not park or sit idle on the road in front of the school.
- Student drop off time is 8:15 am. Students should not be dropped off before this time. Doors open at 8:15 am.
- Dismissal from busses will be controlled. Students will unload one bus at a time between 8:15 – 8:30.
- Grade 6 & 7 students will meet their homeroom teacher on the field
- Grade 8 & 9 students will enter through the regular entrance/exit doors
- End of day dismissal will be staggered. Students that are being picked up by parents/guardians will be available for pick up beginning at 3:16pm. Bussed students will be dismissed from classes via an announcement from the office upon the arrival of their bus .
- We expect parents to physically distance on school property and remain outside the building
The office will be open on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021.
School Start & End Times
- Monday to Thursday 8:25 – 3:16
- Friday and Early Dismissal Days 8:25 – 12:11
School Supply Lists
The school supply list for students in Grades 7-9 is available under Resources on the right side of the page or click here.
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates.
For system calendars, please visit: http://www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars
Students in Grade 6 are expected to stay at the school during the lunch hour. See more on our Noon Supervision page.
Our cafeteria will open on Sept. 2, 2021.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Students are admitted to Sir Wilfrid Laurier School using the lottery system. Applications are taken in January for the up-coming school year.
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Sir Wilfrid Laurier School. We are looking forward to a successful year working with you and your child beginning Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021. (Start time 8:25 - 3:16 dismissal). Here is some information to help make the adjustment to our school a little easier for both parents and students. If there are other things that you are not sure about, please email Debbie Holland at email@example.com or call the school at 403-777-7370.